This position requires that candidate hold an Active TS/SCI w/ Full Scope Polygraph Clearance.
Provides network engineering support for local and globally-distributed networks of varying sizes and configurations: management of a pool of virtual, mixed environments; remote health and status monitoring; design, sustainment, and enhancement of computer and system architectures; engineering support for lab systems, fielding of systems, and support of fielded systems; creation, sustainment, and enhancement of system documentation; and research support for the design of network systems
- Incorporate new technology into advanced development prototypes for next-generation front-end systems
- Provide engineering support for network processor research labs, fielding of systems, and support of fielded systems
- As required, provide system administration for both in-house equipment and that in the field
- Possession of one (1) or more of the following certifications is required: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technically similar degree from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years experience establishing LANs, to include creation and configuration of common services
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years administering Linux systems, to include installation of servers using PXE (e.g. Cobbler/Kickstart), producing RPMs for custom software installation, and/or the installation of Ubuntu and RedHat
- Within the last five (5) years, a minimum of three (3) years experience with large system administration (>100 nodes) for geographically distributed systems of systems.
- Demonstrated experience deploying FOSS files and Perl libraries
- Demonstrated experience with the hardening and securing of hosts and services
- Demonstrated experience with the reconfiguration & recompiling of Linux kernels
- Demonstrated experience with GUI development
- Demonstrated experience programming in C and/or C++
DO Desired qualifications:
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Cisco ASA devices
- Experience with Cisco ACI Infrastructure
- Experience with NetApp/SolidFire storage
- Experience with configuration management tools such as SaltStack or Ansible
Orbis Operations is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.