At Orbis Operations, we aim to expand our capabilities in building sophisticated enterprise applications and cutting-edge analytics for our country's cyber programs, as well as leveraging our expertise to provide knowledgeable defensive and analytical capabilities to our nation's network-enabled businesses.
By becoming part of our team, you will join a group of software professionals who take pride in our ability to deliver timely and potent solutions, directly respond to the challenges of our customers, adapt to changes in technology, and provide insightful programmatic analysis.
This position requires you to hold an Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Clearance.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance
- Twenty (20) years’ experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of Cloud Experience: Shall have demonstrated work experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.; Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.; Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS); Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON
Orbis Operations is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.