At Orbis Operations, we aim to expand our capabilities in building sophisticated enterprise applications and cutting-edge analytics for our country's cyber programs, as well as leveraging our expertise to provide knowledgeable defensive and analytical capabilities to our nation's network-enabled businesses.
By becoming part of our team, you will join a group of software professionals who take pride in our ability to deliver timely and potent solutions, directly respond to the challenges of our customers, adapt to changes in technology, and provide insightful programmatic analysis.
This position requires the candidate hold an Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Clearance.
The contractor shall develop software Tools and Services in a SaaS/PaaS environment. Building an ‘on prem’ cloud offering with open source software using Kubernetes, Docker, Istio, Rook and other cutting edge tools. Expertise and desire to work in a containerized landlord/tenant environment is essential. You shall support the development of Tools and Services that increase the efficiency of software to market, within a DEVOPs culture.
Provides expertise in integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, compiling and supporting COTS/GOTS software in a heterogeneous operating system environment.
Task Required Skills:
Task Desired Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- A minimum of 5 years experience with Unix command line
- General technical knowledge regarding compute, network, memory, and storage system components
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) principles and automation tools such as Puppet, SaltStack, and Ansible
- In-depth experience with trouble-shooting large Unix Clusters
- Demonstrated experience using system monitoring tools such as Prometheus/Grafana
- Demonstrated experience developing test plans
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
The Level III Software Integration Engineer (SIE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Familiar with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles and applications
- Familiar with various network communications like IP and InfiniBand
- Ability to integrate, install, configure, upgrade, compile, and support COTS/GOTS software.
- Generate documentation for the full software stack.
- Update software for sustainment support.
- Basic Linux system administration skills and shell scripting.
- Execute test codes for characterization of software performance.
- Provide software product ownership for HPC tools.
- Working knowledge of CM tools, web documentation, and issue tracking.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and switch between various architectural paradigms.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and have at least eight (8) years of demonstrable experience with integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, compiling, and supporting COTS/GOTS software in a heterogeneous operating system environment.
The individual shall have five (5) years full time Computer Science directly related work that can be substituted for a degree and have at least eight (8) years of demonstrable experience.
An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one (1) year experience. A Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field may substitute for two (2) years' experience.