At Orbis Operations, we aim to expand our capabilities in building sophisticated enterprise applications and cutting-edge analytics for our country's cyber programs, as well as leveraging our expertise to provide knowledgeable defensive and analytical capabilities to our nation's network-enabled businesses.
By becoming part of our team, you will join a group of software professionals who take pride in our ability to deliver timely and potent solutions, directly respond to the challenges of our customers, adapt to changes in technology, and provide insightful programmatic analysis.
This position requires the candidate to hold an Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Clearance.
Provide software development, test support, system administration and program management support to stabilize the current project and achieve incremental integration of capabilities into the new architecture.
Task Activities include, but are not limited to:
Task Required Skills:
- Software Engineering — Design, development, implementation of new applications and software enhancements to existing services and deployment of such applications/enhancements
Task Desired Skills:
- Within the last 2 years, demonstrated experience developing in C++ in a Unix environment
- Experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- Experience with using the Unix command line
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Familiar with Agile development best practices
- Familiar with using JSON as a lightweight data-interchange format
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Swarm, Helm, Kubernetes
- Experience developing RESTful services
The Level 1 Software Engineer (SWE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- All capabilities of a Level 0 SWE.
- Has experience with agile development processes.
- Has experience with source code control systems, such as Git.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design and development of relational and non-relational database applications.
- Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and Kafka.
- Familiarization with queue management systems
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Develop and execute test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards and conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance
- Design, develop, and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design decisions
- Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment
- Development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications
- Experience using collaboration and software development tools (ie. Atlassian).
- Software development using continuous integration practices
- Experience with container technologies (ie. Docker).
- Unix shell scripting
- Development of event driven or data driven analytics
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or University, plus two (2) years of experience as a SWE
- Four (4) years of experience as a SWE.