At Orbis Operations, we aim to expand our capabilities in building sophisticated enterprise applications and cutting-edge analytics for our country's cyber programs, as well as leveraging our expertise to provide knowledgeable defensive and analytical capabilities to our nation's network-enabled businesses.
By becoming part of our team, you will join a group of software professionals who take pride in our ability to deliver timely and potent solutions, directly respond to the challenges of our customers, adapt to changes in technology, and provide insightful programmatic analysis.
This position requires the candidate to hold an Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Clearance.
You will take over the creation, testing, and distribution of a software suite of tools . You will deliver software baselines to approved customers, perform software testing for developed software including regressions testing, and support of infrastructure products, and provide configuration management, distribution, and tracking services for managed baseline software products. You will assist in sanitizing and creation of special versions of software packages. You will support the modernization of the current build mechanism and scripts used to build software packages. You will evaluate the feasibility of distribution using more current mechanisms (for example rpms, git), and implementation of approved methods. You will develop solutions, to include web based solutions, for the distribution and tracking of software and apply proven software engineering principles to improve maintainability and allow a more rapid integration of new functionality into production systems. You will provide support to and assist with the software development environment. The SE-1 will serve as an advisor to (or non-voting member of) Government Change Control Board (CCB). Contractor will provide written documentation in support of TTO activities.
Task Desired Skills:
- Experience developing with Python in a Unix environment
- Willingness to learn the Django Web Framework
The Level 1 Software Engineer (SWE) shall possess the following capabilities
- Experience writing Bash scripts
- Experience developing with the Django Web Framework
- Experience with using GitLab
- All capabilities of a Level 0 SWE.
- Has experience with agile development processes.
- Has experience with source code control systems, such as Git.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design and development of relational and non-relational database applications.
- Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and Kafka.
- Familiarization with queue management systems
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Develop and execute test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards and conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance
- Design, develop, and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design decisions
- Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment
- Development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications
- Experience using collaboration and software development tools (ie. Atlassian).
- Software development using continuous integration practices
- Experience with container technologies (ie. Docker).
- Unix shell scripting
- Development of event driven or data driven analytics
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or University, plus two (2) years of experience as a SWE
- Four (4) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.