At Orbis Operations, we aim to expand our capabilities in building sophisticated enterprise applications and cutting-edge analytics for our country's cyber programs, as well as leveraging our expertise to provide knowledgeable defensive and analytical capabilities to our nation's network-enabled businesses.
By becoming part of our team, you will join a group of software professionals who take pride in our ability to deliver timely and potent solutions, directly respond to the challenges of our customers, adapt to changes in technology, and provide insightful programmatic analysis.
This position requires the candidate to hold an Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Clearance.
Support in developing web-based applications that support collaboration efforts across program. Expertise in all aspects of software development is essential. Ideally, you would be a full stack web developer, with experience doing front-end and back-end development.
Task Required Skills
Task Desired Skills (nice to have, not necessary):
- Demonstrated experience with PHP scripting language
- Demonstrated experience developing in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with MySQL (or other relational databases)
- Experience with object oriented programming (OOP)
- Experience with Node.js (or other front-end frameworks)
- Experience with Twitter’s Bootstrap library
- Experience with Model, View, Controller (MVC) architecture
- Strong Computer Science background
- Experience problem solving and breaking down complex problems
- Experience with recommendation algorithms (nice to have, not necessary)
- Able to work as a team member or independently
- Experience with Docker
- Graphic Design experience
- Experience with the ELK Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Experience with MediaWiki
- Data Science experience
Software Engineer (SWE) Level 1 shall possess the following capabilities:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Has experience with agile development processes.
- Has experience with source code control systems, such as Git.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design and development of relational and non-relational database applications.
- Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and Kafka.
- Familiarization with queue management systems
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Develop and execute test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system perfonnance standards and conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance
- Design, develop, and modify software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design decisions
- Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
- Development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications
- Experience using collaboration and software development tools (ie. Atlassian).
- Software development using continuous integration practices
- Experience with container technologies (ie. Docker).
- Unix shell scripting
- Development of event driven or data driven analytics
Software Engineer (SWE) Level 2 shall possess the following capabilities:
- All the capabilities required for a SWE-1 plus those that follow
- Development of cloud-based solutions and technologies.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints. Perform quality control on team products.
- Recommend and implement suggestions for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware· engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- Coordinate software installation on a system and monitor performance to ensure operational specifications are met.
Software Engineer (SWE) Level 3 shall possess the following capabilities:
- All the capabilities required for SWE-1, SWE-2, and those that follow
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams.
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus two (2) years of experience as a SWE
Four (4) years of experience as a SWE
Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus three (3) years of experience as a SWE
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of experience as a SWE
Seven (7) years of experience as a SWE
Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of experience as a SW
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus seven (7) years of experience as a SWE
Nine (9) years of experience as a SWE