This position requires the candidate to hold an Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Clearance.
Support the testing and integration support services, including the testing evaluation of the software performance and capability of next-generation HPCs and SPDs. Test and Integration Support requirements performed in this task:
- Analyze software and/or system requirements and various system engineering documents, acquisition plans and software/system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures.
- Liaise with Project Directors, software developers, system administrators, hardware maintenance teams and the test team during software and/or system tests on HPC systems
- Provide testing expertise and recommendation through full system development lifecycle
- Develop test plans, test scenarios, and test cases for software and system tests to be run on HPC architectures
- Provide full-scope system testing – to include but not limited to: functional, performance, operational, and mission simulation on HPCs
- Collaborate with the test team to review, verify, validate and refine test plans prior to execution
- Generate test reports to capture the results of software and system level testing.
- Perform initial software installation, software integration, and software testing on HPCs
- Trouble-shoot software installation, configuration issues/concerns and collaborate with software developers and project managers to obtain resolutions
- Install and test software revisions verifying functionality and capabilities
- Train site personnel to operate, troubleshoot, report and maintain developed and deployed software packages that are installed on the HPC systems
- Optimize customer written test programs
- Prepare and conduct data collection and analysis and report status and results
- Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), installation guides, configuration guides, and troubleshooting guides
- Develop test scripts that will be used to test a system
- Update test script repository with current and updated test scripts for team use
- Provide post operational test support to operational systems
- Manage and monitor a large Linux Cluster
- Update and patch system packages
- Modify system configurations as needed to meet customer and mission needs
- Oversee hardware fixes and changes to the system
- Manage configuration control of the system
- Document procedures and processes for supporting the system.
- Familiar with HPC systems and/or architecture or large cloud systems and/or architectures
- Experience with large (500+) HPC clusters
- Experience supporting full software stacks
- Experience with HPC open source tools
- Experience with open source Parallel programming language tools
- Experience with C programming language
- Experience with OpenGL
- Experience with OpenCL
- Experience with parallel threading
- Experience with scripting languages such as, Python or Bash
- Experience with automating test procedures
- Experience with performing benchmarking testing
- System Testing experience in a Unix operating environment
- Experience with Linux command line usage
- A minimum of three (3) years performing in a Linux System Administration with familiarization in operation system configuration, software installation, file systems and network systems
- General HPC technical knowledge regarding compute, network, memory, and storage components
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Ability to develop, debug, and test applications based upon design and performance requirements
- Proficient in standard HPC tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and have at least eight (8) years of demonstrable experience with integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, compiling, and supporting COTS/GOTS software in a heterogeneous operating system environment.
- Five (5) years full time Computer Science directly related work that can be substituted for a degree and have at least eight (8) years of demonstrable experience.
-Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field may substitute for two (2) years' experience.
Orbis Operations is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.