At Orbis Operations, we aim to expand our capabilities in building sophisticated enterprise applications and cutting-edge analytics for our country's cyber programs, as well as leveraging our expertise to provide knowledgeable defensive and analytical capabilities to our nation's network-enabled businesses.
By becoming part of our team, you will join a group of software professionals who take pride in our ability to deliver timely and potent solutions, directly respond to the challenges of our customers, adapt to changes in technology, and provide insightful programmatic analysis.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/ Full Scope Polygraph
Task Required Skills/Experience:
Task Desired Skills/Experience:
- Experience in software integration, especially FOSS products.
- Experience with Linux and writing Linux scripts
- Experience with NiFi or data flows or data tagging
- Must have a willingness to learn Golang and other languages as necessary.
- Some experience with messaging frameworks such as RabbitMQ
- Some experience with Git code repositories
- Experience developing with Java 8 in a Unix environment
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful services
- Experience developing services using the Kubernetes API
- Familiar with Kubernetes persistence storage volumes
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience developing services for deployment on Kubernetes
- Experience with creating Helm Charts for Kubernetes
Capabilities for SWE3 (in addition to above):
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Has experience with agile development processes.
- Has experience with source code control systems, such as Git.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design and development of relational and non-relational database applications.
- Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and Kafka.
- Familiarization with queue management systems
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Develop and execute test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards and conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance
- Design, develop, and modify software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design decisions
- Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
- Development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications
- Experience using collaboration and software development tools (ie. Atlassian).
- Software development using continuous integration practices
- Experience with container technologies (ie. Docker).
- Unix shell scripting
- Development of event driven or data driven analytics
- Development of cloud-based solutions and technologies.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints. Perform quality control on team products.
- Recommend and implement suggestions for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware· engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- Coordinate software installation on a system and monitor performance to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams.
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university plus 3 years of experience as a SWE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university plus 5 years of experience as a SWE
- 7 years of experience as a SWE
Orbis Operations is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university plus 5 years of experience as a SWE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university plus 7 years of experience as a SWE
- 9 years of experience as a SWE