At Orbis Operations, we aim to expand our capabilities in building sophisticated enterprise applications and cutting-edge analytics for our country's cyber programs, as well as leveraging our expertise to provide knowledgeable defensive and analytical capabilities to our nation's network-enabled businesses.
By becoming part of our team, you will join a group of software professionals who take pride in our ability to deliver timely and potent solutions, directly respond to the challenges of our customers, adapt to changes in technology, and provide insightful programmatic analysis.
CLEARANCE: Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
We will consider both TE2 and TE3 level candidates.
Tester Engineer analyzes system requirements and concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Supports the development of Government test and evaluation documentation e.g., Text & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports. Works with other test organizations to support T&E program integration. Provides specialized T&E capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance areas.
Provide engineering, testing, and documentation for operational assessment test activities. This task does not conform to the traditional waterfall testing approach, instead leveraging agile methodologies where releasable tested pieces of software services are created, development level tested, and delivered to the user in a DevOps approach. Product owners work in short spin cycles (develop, test, deploy, repeat) to eventually realize a full capability/service with the goal to achieve full required performance satisfaction outlined in the program statement of capabilities. In order to achieve this goal, an operational assessment must occur for each capability/service to evaluate suitability and effectiveness.
Contractor staff shall:
- Analyze functional service requirements to develop operational assessment test procedures
- Perform technical analysis system and system architectures
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and agile development techniques for the design, development, and execution of operational assessment test procedures
- Capture, track, and assess testable requirements using Atlassian product suite to include Confluence and Jira
- Develop operational assessment test reports and associated documentation
- Participate in all operational assessment milestones and activities (deep dives, WIPT, TRR, Quick look, DAG, and SME discussions and additional as directed by Government Program Test Lead)
- Participate in systems engineering, test and evaluation, architecture, and programmatic meetings and reviews
Task Required Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and agile for the design, development, and execution of operational assessment test procedures
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing operational assessment test reports and associated documentation
- Demonstrated experience testing of large scale, distributed “system-of-systems”, and micro services
- Demonstrated experience analyzing product/service functional requirements to develop operational assessment test procedures
- Demonstrated experience participating in systems engineering, test and evaluation, architecture, and programmatic meetings and reviews
- Demonstrated experience automating test code using latest programming (Java, C++) and scripting (Perl, Shell) languages.
- Demonstrated experience capturing, tracking, and assessing testable requirements using the Atlassian product suite to include Confluence and Jira
- Experience performing technical analysis of system architectures
TE Level 2 Required Skills:
- Conduct research into and apply knowledge of Government test and evaluation concepts and related engineering, acquisition, and operations activities as needed to support the T&E activities
- Plan and Execute Performance Analysis
- Review planned acquisition approaches to support T&E schedule alignment with decision maker needs for T&E support
- Analyze performance risk areas to focus T&E planning
- Specify, validate, and adapt Modeling and Simulation for T&E use
- Apply Statistical Analysis of variations in performance behavior to characterize confidence in performance estimates
- Select, develop, and use analysis tools
- Execute the evaluation plan on data collected by Testing Tasks
- Plan and Execute Performance Data Collection
- Plan program and event level testing for collection of data required for analysis and to sync T&E events with supported decision points
- Establish and employ Data and Configuration Management capabilities
- Support Data Authentication group functions; and comply with program Discrepancy Reporting criteria and processes
- Assess operation and system performance requirements for testability and criticality to fram and prioritize T&E objectives and enable evaluation planning
- Coordinate with program Systems Engineering (SE) and review T&E-related SE information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection and dependencies, Modeling and Simulation, and initial performance risk assessments to inform evaluation planning
- Assess operational environments and priorities for evaluation attention and scenario selection, and to coordinate user participation in T&E
- Plan program and event level risk-tailored performance estimation and analysis of system and operational Effectiveness and Suitability metrics & conditions; levels of T&E include inspection, demonstration, paper analysis, survey, simulation, and physical test
- Design surveys for evaluation of Subject Matter Expert (SME) input and user assessments of performance
- Participate in the T&E Working-level Integrated Product Team (WIPT) and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of evaluation plans
- Produce Evaluation Plans (metric framework, scenarios/threads, timelines, requirements/T&E cross-walk), Analysis Plans, Data Requirements, Risk Assessments, Evaluation Reports, Status reports; provide input to Government T&E products (e.g., Technology Readiness Assessments, Test & Evaluation Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, T&E Plans & Procedures and Test Readiness Reports)
- Design data sampling schemes to optimize the information/resource balance and to control testing uncertainties
- Select, coordinate, and calibrate Instrumentation, collection and data management tools, targets, and facilities
- Ensure test readiness including training of test event participants re-conduct of the event; equipment readiness, and security, legal, and privacy compliance arrangements
- Participate in T&E WIPT and/or integrated Test Team for coordination of data collection plans
- Execute Testing and Data Collection per plan
- Produce associated Test Plans, Procedures, and reports/Briefings, Data management Plan
- Work directly with the Government sponsor to coordinate task implementation
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest
TE Level 2 Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline form an accredited college or university, plus 5 years of TE experience
- Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
TE Level 3 Responsibilities:
- All the capabilities listed for a Level 2 Test Engineer (see above
- Provide overall leadership of the T&E task and serve as primary liaison to the government for supporting contract coordination and task execution
- Communicate issues and solutions to the broader government and contract management structure as requested by Leadership
- Ensure the appropriate level of independence of the team from the solution provider to support government management of objectivity risk
- Manage T&E resources and tasks; ensure quality assurance of test processes and products
- Coordinate and integrate Evaluation and Testing tasks and products
- Participate in T&E WIPT and/or Integrated Test Team as needed to ensure proper coordination of T&E activities
- Drive innovation and responsiveness to program changes and evolving T&E status to help manage program risk; develop alternative courses of action, work-arounds, and fall-back positions with a recommendation course of action for each risk, monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones.
Level 3 Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline form an accredited college or university plus 8 years of TE experience
- Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Orbis Operations is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.